The Shawnee Preparedness and Response Coalition is pleased to invite you to our Regional Disaster Conference: “Weathering the Storm.” This is the sixth year for this conference, and our intent is to provide a quality disaster preparedness conference in the southern region of the state.
This conference is intended to provide relevant disaster preparedness education to members of our community involved or interested in disaster management.
This program will benefit a broad range of individuals and groups involved in personal, professional, and governmental emergency preparedness, planning, and response.
- Early Registration (Until August 31): $30
- General Registration (September 1-October 5): $40
- Registration after October 5 and at the Door: $50 (meal availability cannot be guaranteed)
- Registration includes continental breakfast and lunch. All in all, attendees will have the opportunity to experience over eight hours* of education, vendor contacts, and networking opportunities through out the day.
* Actual amount of continuing education hours awarded to EMTs and nurses is determined by IDPH and based on actual session times. The amount of continuing education hours awarded for Emergency Managers is determined by IEMA. The awarded amount will not necessarily be eight hours.
Continuing education credit is being applied for for the following licenses or certifications: Emergency Medical Technician / Medical First Responder, Illinois Emergency Managers, Nursing Home Administrators, and Illinois licensed nurses.
Training hours have been approved by the Illinois Emergency Management Agency for emergency managers from Illinois who attend this event. Exercise credit will also be given to emergency manager attendees. For more information on training hours and exercise credit available, contact Chris Pulley, Region 11 IEMA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Following the conference an evaluation survey will be sent out to the email provided upon registration. To obtain continuing education credit, evaluations must be completed and returned. Certificates will be sent once verification of attendance and evaluation completion is made.